- Sold by Martin & Marie
- Lower Slopes of The Hill
- Private Road
- Detached House
- 6 Bedrooms & 2 Bathrooms
- Period Features
- High Ceilings
- Near Station, Schools & Shops
- Garden with Lawn & Large Terrace
- Off-street parking
A handsome detached period property on a little-known Private Road just 2 minutes walk from Harrow on the Hill station. Measuring some 2,150sq/ft and with ample parking and a garden both adding to its appeal, this delightfully spacious & convenient 6 bedroom, 2 bathroom family home has recently been refurbished and is attractively priced for today's market.
Built c.1900 and featuring the tall ceilings and generous proportions typical of this era, the house is versatile, bright and welcoming with 3 separate living rooms plus a study, guest cloakroom and fitted kitchen to the ground floor. Also a great canvas for the addition of some style and imagination, there is no need to extend this fine character property with its 6 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms, plus a further huge attic room above providing potential for a grand master suite or games room.
Outside there is a most spacious driveway and sizeable private garden with lower lawn and large raised terrace, perfect for outdoor dining in the Summer. The open spaces of Church Fields and The Grove for dog-walking and recreation are there to enjoy, with a footpath leading up past St Mary’s Church bringing you past the famous buildings of Harrow School and on to the historic High Street with its coffee shops, cocktail bars and pub/restaurants being a further attraction.
It is hard to find a detached house on the Hill at this price point, let alone one with such character and potential. Undoubtedly an excellent lifestyle choice and a chance to become part of the friendly and cohesive Hill community. We highly recommend viewing, so please call to arrange yours!
ACCOMMODATION (for Room Sizes see Floorplan)
First Floor Landing
Second Floor Landing
Attic Room/Bedroom 6
Ample Driveway Parking
Rear Garden with lawned area and large raised terrace.
• Harrow on the Hill is a delightful and unique Conservation Area within an attractive, accessible and leafy residential suburb of NW London.
• Often referred to as an “oasis”, the Hill is a calm and peaceful historic village, separated by its steep topography from the surrounding area.
• Excellent rail transport links, with Harrow on the Hill station providing fast access to London on both Underground and Overground lines.
• Metropolitan Line 20 minutes to Baker Street/35 minutes to Aldgate. Chiltern Line 17 minutes to Marylebone.
• Piccadilly Line from South Harrow also gives great options across London, including 45 minutes to Covent Garden and 43 minutes to Heathrow via Turnham Green.
• Local shops include a nearby Waitrose Supermarket, a choice of other major supermarkets and 2 covered shopping centres in Harrow.
• Major road links nearby include the A40(M), M25, M40 and M1. All the London airports are conveniently within reach.
• Education - The area is renowned for its standard of education, with a choice of state, private and church schools. Former PM, Sir Winston Churchill was educated here, at Harrow School.
• Leisure and Recreation - Harrow has a multi-screen Vue Cinema, an abundance of parks and open spaces, cultural centres and sporting facilities including golf courses.
• Dining and Entertaining - There are many options throughout the Borough, with Harrow on the Hill featuring independent coffee shops, cocktail bars and a choice of pub restaurants.
EPC Rating: 50/E
W3W Address: voter.levels.ears
Council Tax Band: G (Harrow London Borough Council )