- Prestigious Address
- Copse Wood
- Grand Galleried Entrance Hall
- Opulent Interior
- Generous Proportions
- High Ceilings
- Master Bedroom with En-Suite
- Double Garage
- Large Gardens
An opulent individual detached residence of some 8,000sq/ft, occupying a level corner plot on Linksway, Northwood's most prestigious address. A striking atrium-style entrance with galleried imperial staircase commands attention & the house further impresses with generous grounds, garaging & driveway.
This beautiful and distinctive home is situated on a wide avenue on the beautiful Copse Wood Estate, which lies adjacent to protected forest and Northwood Golf Club. Built to the present owners high specification in 2007, few houses of this size and calibre reach the market. Whether hosting or relaxing with family, the beautifully balanced 9 bedroom, 6 bathroom accommodation is most generously sized in every respect, with tall ceilings and large circulation areas including the triple-height atrium-style entrance with full galleried landings. Premium features abound and no expense was spared on custom American Oak joinery throughout with Sicilian Marble flooring to much of the ground floor. Modern standards of luxury and efficiency are of course well met, with underfloor heating to the ground floor for all-season comfort.
Amongst many other exceptional features are the double-aspect living room with a unique Egyptian Marble fireplace centrepiece and the fabulous open-plan family living room with garden aspect, adjoining the luxuriously fitted kitchen. Further there is a separate formal dining room, a study sufficiently large to hold meetings and another room for use as a gymnasium, games or cinema room and a secondary kitchen. An ideal house for receiving guests and entertaining, all 9 bedrooms are generously over-sized with some featuring fitted dressing rooms and most having a spacious en-suite. Potential remains to make the property your own, particularly to the top floor where myriad spaces lend themselves to home-working, whilst other attractions include a delightful reading or art space with balcony.
Standing behind a wide frontage with automated gates, the house sits well within the plot and has extensive landscaped gardens, designed with care to balance the generous terrace with lawns and planting, including some mature trees and with a raised specimen bed. Linksway is a peaceful, tree-lined road adjoining the protected forest of Copse Wood in the affluent suburb of Northwood. The area is favoured by families seeking the excellence of a number of elite schools, and is known for its safe leafy environment and ease of commuting to Central London within 15 miles or so, as well as the Home Counties and access to all London airports.
ACCOMMODATION (for Room Sizes see Floorplan)
Open-Plan Family Room
Luxury Fitted Kitchen
Secondary Kitchen/Utility Room
First Floor Galleried Landing;
6 Bedrooms including Master Suite
5 Bathrooms including 4 En-Suites
Reading/Art Space with Balcony
Second Floor Galleried Landing;
Bedrooms 7, 8 & 9
Carriage Driveway with Automated Main Gates
Generous Landscaped Gardens
Balcony to Front
• Northwood is a delightful small town on the outskirts of NW London where it meets the Herts/Bucks countryside and a favoured destination for families seeking elite schools, exclusivity and a safe leafy environment.
• Central London is around 15 miles and quickly reached by rail from Northwood Metropolitan Line underground railway station (Baker Street 35 minutes). Watford (circa 4 miles) and Harrow (circa 6 miles) are both accessible by road and offer multiple shopping centres and other amenities
• Local shops include nearby Waitrose Supermarkets at Northwood & Rickmansworth, which also boasts an M&S Food Hall, Tesco Supermarket, delightful canal /aquadrome walks and a pretty town centre full of eateries.
• Major road links nearby include the A40(M), M25, M40 and M1. All the London airports are conveniently within reach.
• Education - There is a wide choice of excellent schools in the area, both state and private including St Helen's and Northwood College for girls, St Martin's, St John's and Merchant Taylors' for boys
• Leisure and Recreation - Sports and fitness enthusiasts are well catered for with clubs for Golf, Tennis, Football, Cricket and extensive facilities within the David Lloyd Sports and Social Club. Holland & Holland clay pigeon shoot is also nearby.
• Dining and Entertaining - There are many high quality options throughout the local area, with Northwood featuring fine dining restaurants and nearby places including Pinner, Hatch End and Rickmansworth offering a further selection.
EPC Rating 77/C
W3W Address: unless.remind.middle
Council Tax Band: H