- Exclusive Area
- Circa 4,000sq/ft Detached Residence
- Exclusive Gated Private Estate
- Impressive Living Space with Further Potential
- 5 Reception Rooms
- Large Kitchen/Breakfast Room
- Double Garage
- Wide Gardens to Front & Rear
- No Onward Chain
- 10 Miles from London
A notably large and handsome double-fronted house of some 4,000sq/ft, in an exceptional setting within the gated Mount Park Estate on Harrow on the Hill. With ample parking, double garage and level rear garden, the sylvan cul-de-sac setting and impressive proportions truly set this house apart. A rare chance to acquire a substantial family home within walking distance of Orley Farm Prep School and John Lyon School & Sixth Form for Boys & Girls.
For sale with no onward chain and now requiring cosmetic updating, the welcoming central entrance has all 5 principal living rooms leading off. This lends an appealingly modern and open-plan feel to the interior, with the sizable accommodation spread over only 2 floors. Upstairs, a wide full-width landing leads to 6 large bedrooms and 2 full bathrooms, with a large attic space above. Homes of such a size are rare, and neighbouring properties demonstrate that further potential may exist, subject to obtaining any necessary consents.
Additional features include timber parquet flooring to much of the ground floor, modern double glazed windows and gas-fired central heating. The value of this desirable, protected and private location can be appreciated in many ways, being within a safe gated Private Estate attractive to families and convenient for local and overseas travel, with fast access to London via numerous rail services (Metropolitan, Chiltern & Piccadilly Lines) plus excellent road links (M40/M25/M1) and easy access to all the London airports making Harrow on the Hill an uncommonly well-connected place.
Harrow on the Hill village is an 'oasis' 10 miles from London, with a unique atmosphere. From its origins as a mediaeval settlement and the seat of the famous Harrow School, it further rewards with its many green spaces known only to locals, independent coffee shops, cocktail bars & restaurants for entertaining, with a friendly, cohesive community.
The historic buildings of the world-famous Harrow School are part of the picturesque Hill. The School shares its first class facilities with Hill residents who can enjoy membership of its Fitness Club with state of the art gym and 25 meter swimming pool, lawn tennis club and golf club. The Friends of Harrow School caters for those interested in the Arts with free concerts, plays and lectures, whilst the Harrow Hill Trust organizes community events and guided walks.
ACCOMMODATION (See Floorplan for Room Sizes)
Fitted Kitchen/Breakfast Room
• Mount Park is an exclusive gated private estate, providing a peaceful and leafy setting for the significant homes within.
• Harrow on the Hill is a delightful and unique Conservation Area within an attractive, accessible and leafy residential suburb of NW London.
• Often referred to as an “oasis”, the Hill is a calm and peaceful historic village, separated by its steep topography from the surrounding area.
• Excellent rail transport links, with Harrow on the Hill station providing fast access to London on both Underground and Overground lines.
• Metropolitan Line 20 minutes to Baker Street/35 minutes to Aldgate. Chiltern Line 17 minutes to Marylebone.
• Piccadilly Line from South Harrow also gives great options across London, including 45 minutes to Covent Garden and 43 minutes to Heathrow via Turnham Green.
• Local shops include a nearby Waitrose Supermarket, a choice of other major supermarkets and 2 covered shopping centres in Harrow.
• Major road links nearby include the A40(M), M25, M40 and M1. All the London airports are conveniently within reach.
• Education - The area is renowned for its standard of education, with a choice of state, private and church schools. Former PM, Sir Winston Churchill was educated here, at Harrow School.
• Leisure and Recreation - Harrow has a multi-screen Vue Cinema, an abundance of parks and open spaces, cultural centres and sporting facilities including golf courses.
• Dining and Entertaining - There are many options throughout the Borough, with Harrow on the Hill featuring independent coffee shops, cocktail bars and a choice of pub restaurants.
EPC Rating: 68/D
W3W Address: count.truth.deeper
Council Tax Band: H (Harrow London Borough Council )
Tenure: Leasehold (947 years)
Ground Rent: £0 per year
Virtual Freehold, being a 999 year lease from 25 March 1971 with a Peppercorn Ground Rent. Enquiries are being made by the seller regarding purchase of the Freehold. The Freeholder is a local Private School Trust.