- Detached Property
- Requires Modernisation
- Garage & Driveway Parking
- View Across Parkland to Rear
- Project with Great Potential
- Large Rear Garden
- No-through Road near Town Centre
- Character Cottage Features
- Harrow on the Hill Station Nearby
In Need Of Full Modernisation - In a highly sought Harrow location on a no-through road backing parkland, this unique detached Victorian cottage stands on a wide plot offering great potential. An interesting house with a large rear garden, detached garage and driveway parking, it can be extended and refurbished to make it your own.
Only minutes walk from town centre and station, the ground floor accommodation comprises 2 spacious living rooms plus a generous kitchen. There are then 5 bedrooms and a family bathroom spread over the upper 2 floors. Altogether a house with considerable potential for a family, with many options to refurbish, re-model and extend, subject to consent.
Lovely views over Harrow Recreation Ground further add to the appeal, and to find a fully detached period property in this location is rare. Definitely a large project, this is a great opportunity for a buyer willing and able to do the work. Early viewing recommended.
Roxborough Road is a quiet street without through traffic, only around 1/4 mile from the bustling town centre. Harrow features a choice of supermarkets including a Morrisons at the end of the street, 2 covered shopping centres, a Vue Cinema, gymnasiums and many other amenities.
Transport and education are strong draws to the area, with Harrow on the Hill Metropolitan Line/Chiltern Line services whisking you quickly and comfortably to Baker Street & on to Aldgate, or to Marylebone respectively. There are many excellent state, church and private schools locally, plus good road links to the Home Counties and all London airports.
Harrow on the Hill is also nearby. A lovely oasis which many residents enjoy visiting, being a Conservation Area with some delightful green spaces, coffee shops, cocktail bars and pub restaurants for entertaining.
ACCOMMODATION (See Floorplan for Room Sizes)
First Floor Landing;
Second Floor Landing;
Driveway Parking for 2 Cars
OUT & ABOUT
• Harrow is an attractive and accessible suburb of North-West London, largely developed since the late 1800’s so with a core of Victorian and Edwardian homes and excellent schools for all ages.
• Many roads have tree-lined pavements with parks and shops never far away. The many excellent state, church and private schools throughout the area are an added draw.
• Excellent rail transport links from Harrow on the Hill station provide fast access to London. Metropolitan Line 20 minutes to Baker Street/35 minutes to Aldgate. Chiltern Line 17 minutes to Marylebone.
• Harrow & Wealdstone station is another great option, being on the Bakerloo Line to Elephant & Castle and also the Overground Line which takes 26 minutes to Euston.
• Major road links nearby include the A40(M), M25, M40 and M1. All the London airports are conveniently within reach.
• Education - The area is renowned for its standard of education, with a choice of state, private and church schools. Former PM, Sir Winston Churchill was educated here, at Harrow School.
• Leisure and Recreation - Harrow has a multi-screen Vue Cinema, an abundance of parks and open spaces, cultural centres and sporting facilities including golf courses.
• Dining and Entertaining - There are many options throughout the Borough, with Harrow on the Hill featuring independent coffee shops, cocktail bars and a choice of pub restaurants.
EPC Rating: 1/G
W3W Address: moss.petty.lakes
Council Tax Band: E (Harrow London Borough Council )