- Splendid Period House
- Detached Property
- West Harrow Village
- Period Features
- Large Gardens
- Open-Plan Kitchen/Dining Room
- Off-street parking
- 10 Miles from London
- Near Station, Schools & Shops
- Early Viewing Advised
Standing amongst the most desirable homes in West Harrow Village, this handsome late Victorian detached house impresses with its substantial size, grandeur and many historic architectural features. Situated in a highly sought area close to excellent schools, open spaces and transport, it speaks of an opulent past where skilled craftsmanship created luxurious homes for London's professional classes.
A heavy and wide front door welcomes you to the grand reception hall, noting the tall ceilings, intricate cornicing, deep skirtings and other fine period details that run throughout the house. A further example is the beautiful original fireplace and moulded ceiling in the principal living room, still present some 120 years after the house was built. It is rare to find so many features present and in such good condition, testament to caring ownership and few owners. Even the original Deeds have been preserved to pass on.
The splendid accommodation extends over 3 floors as originally built. It includes a 23' open-plan fitted kitchen/dining room, guest cloakroom and delightful timber conservatory addition with underfloor heating. Upstairs, the 7 bedrooms and 3 bathrooms are well spread, creating an unusually generous and versatile home with a continuous record of improvements to roofing, wiring, windows and heating, as well as all decorative aspects.
The very generous garden is also notable, being unusually long and wrapping behind neighbouring plots to provide an area perfect for growing vegetables and fruit. Included are 2 timber sheds, one being a recent large Crane apex shed. This is a beautiful and impressive property that fully deserves consideration by those seeking a large family home of great character in the Harrow on the Hill area and is a wonderful opportunity. Such properties are rarely for sale and we seek only one buyer, so please contact us right away to view.
West Harrow Village has all the hallmarks of an Urban Village, being situated only 10 miles from London with historic architecture, its own station, park, shops and schools. A cohesive community supported by a community forum, it is a lovely place to put down roots with excellent schools and fast access to the City via numerous public transport options. Residents also enjoy the delights of the nearby Harrow on the Hill Conservation Area with its charming pubs, cocktail bars and restaurants, plus many green spaces.
ACCOMMODATION (for Room Sizes see Floorplan)
Fitted Kitchen/Breakfast Room, open-plan to;
First Floor Landing
En-Suite Shower Room
Second Floor Landing
Large Rear Garden
• West Harrow Village is a delightful residential enclave of mainly Victorian & Edwardian homes within an attractive, accessible and leafy suburb of NW London.
• Lime trees line the pavements and a large recreation park with Syd’s Café, a community coffee shop at OneForty Vaughan Road and other local shops add to the friendly community feel.
• Excellent rail transport links using either West Harrow (Metropolitan Line/Uxbridge Branch) or Harrow on the Hill station providing fast access to London.
• Metropolitan Line 20 minutes to Baker Street/35 minutes to Aldgate. Chiltern Line 17 minutes to Marylebone.
• Piccadilly Line from South Harrow also gives great options across London, including 45 minutes to Covent Garden and 43 minutes to Heathrow via Turnham Green.
• Major road links nearby include the A40(M), M25, M40 and M1. All the London airports are conveniently within reach.
• Education - The area is renowned for its standard of education, with a choice of state, private and church schools. Former PM, Sir Winston Churchill was educated here, at Harrow School.
• Leisure and Recreation - Harrow has a multi-screen Vue Cinema, an abundance of parks and open spaces, cultural centres and sporting facilities including golf courses.
• Dining and Entertaining - There are many options throughout the Borough, with Harrow on the Hill featuring independent coffee shops, cocktail bars and a choice of pub restaurants.
EPC Rating; 63/D
W3W Address; case.ozone.eaten
Council Tax Band: F (Harrow London Borough Council )