- 2,650sq/ft Historic House
- Near Orley Farm & John Lyon Schools
- Village Conservation Area
- Generous Proportions
- Period Features
- Garden with Lawn & Large Terrace
- Driveway Parking
- No Onward Chain
- Early Viewing Advised
- 10 Miles from London
An opportunity to live in grand style on Harrow on the Hill, where this fabulous late Victorian house speaks of a time of wealth and craftsmanship. Built in 1886 and measuring some 2,650sq/ft, Kings Gate features beautiful stone-mullioned windows, tall chimneys and many other splendid architectural details both inside and out.
Upon entering you will immediately appreciate the character, high ceilings and feeling of history, with two large living rooms on this floor. Descending to the garden level accommodation you find the very sizable kitchen/dining room, with a wine cellar off and access to a further large storage room. This space may previously have been used as a garage and offers an opportunity to re-model it as you wish. The 5 spacious bedrooms and 2 bathrooms are then spread over the upper 2 floors, with stunning views across West London from high up.
We have no hesitation in recommending you view this beautiful home, which provides a feeling of grandeur more typically found in Central London homes. Offering versatile accommodation, the house provides ample space for any family and rewards in so many ways. It is now ready for some updating but is very comfortable, and we love the special character, far-reaching views, lovely rear garden and driveway parking too. Offered with no onward chain, it should be appreciated that this is one-off opportunity to own such a property. Also, planning consent was granted (now lapsed) in recent years for a ground floor addition.
Harrow on the Hill village is an 'oasis' 10 miles from London, with a unique atmosphere and great road and rail connections to both London and the Home Counties. From its origins as a mediaeval settlement and the seat of the famous Harrow School, it further rewards with its many green spaces known only to locals, independent coffee shops, cocktail bars & restaurants for entertaining, and a friendly, cohesive community.
The historic buildings of the world-famous Harrow School are part of the picturesque Hill. Harrow School shares its first class facilities with Hill residents who can enjoy membership of its Fitness Club with state of the art gym and 25 meter swimming pool, lawn tennis club and golf club. The Friends of Harrow School caters for those interested in the Arts with free concerts, plays and lectures. The Harrow Hill Trust organizes community events and guided walks.
ACCOMMODATION (See Floorplan for Room Sizes)
Lower Ground Floor;
Open-plan Fitted Kitchen/Dining Room
Further store rooms x 2
First Floor Landing;
Second Floor Landing;
Driveway Parking for 2 Cars
Delightful Rear Garden
• Harrow on the Hill is a delightful and unique Conservation Area within an attractive, accessible and leafy residential suburb of NW London.
• Often referred to as an “oasis”, the Hill is a calm and peaceful historic village, separated by its steep topography from the surrounding area.
• Excellent rail transport links, with Harrow on the Hill station providing fast access to London on both Underground and Overground lines.
• Metropolitan Line 20 minutes to Baker Street/35 minutes to Aldgate. Chiltern Line 17 minutes to Marylebone.
• Piccadilly Line from South Harrow also gives great options across London, including 45 minutes to Covent Garden and 43 minutes to Heathrow via Turnham Green.
• Local shops include a nearby Waitrose Supermarket, a choice of other major supermarkets and 2 covered shopping centres in Harrow.
• Major road links nearby include the A40(M), M25, M40 and M1. All the London airports are conveniently within reach.
• Education - The area is renowned for its standard of education, with a choice of state, private and church schools. Former PM, Sir Winston Churchill was educated here, at Harrow School.
• Leisure and Recreation - Harrow has a multi-screen Vue Cinema, an abundance of parks and open spaces, cultural centres and sporting facilities including golf courses.
• Dining and Entertaining - There are many options throughout the Borough, with Harrow on the Hill featuring independent coffee shops, cocktail bars and a choice of pub restaurants.
EPC Rating: 55/D
W3W Address: eggs.affair.zeal
Council Tax Band: G (Harrow London Borough Council )