- Village Conservation Area
- Surprising Large Private Garden
- Off-street parking
- Generous Proportions
- Stylish Interior
- Period Features
- High Ceilings
- Excellent Lifestyle Choice
- No Onward Chain
- Ensuite Bathroom
In a proud position overlooking the village green, this magnificent c.2,000sq/ft property impresses with a wonderful feeling of history, panoramic views, a large private garden and parking. Built in 1868, it has a central village location yet affords great privacy. An excellent lifestyle choice.
Upon entering from the historic High Street you rise up to first floor level, where the very tall ceilings, Gothic-arched windows, an impressive large living room and separate dining room provide a feeling of grandeur and luxury that flows throughout this fabulous and stylish home. 3 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, numerous period features and an over-sized bathroom all add to its unique appeal, with considerably more space and practicality on offer than with many houses on Harrow on the Hill. The delightful rear garden is perhaps an unexpected bonus, being of a good size and also very private with a raised and covered terrace. Private parking is another rarity in this location, which this property provides.
When you buy within the village Conservation Area you acquire so much more than a home, as the location provides daily delights and is often described as an oasis due to the peaceful, friendly and cohesive atmosphere. Hill locals know the best green walks across Church Fields to the Metropolitan Underground & Chiltern Line station or around Harrow School Farm, a place where Sir Winston Churchill once trod whilst attending Harrow School. The Castle Pub just around the corner is a gem, with a couple of lovely coffee shops and cocktail bars also to hand on the High Street. There is also a local shop and an excellent Waitrose supermarket at the foot of the Hill.
Viewing of this chain-free property is easily arranged and an internal inspection will impress. Please contact us to make your appointment.
ACCOMMODATION (for Room Sizes see Floorplan)
Bedroom 3 (used as Dressing Room)
Rear Garden & Raised Terrace with Pergola
• Harrow on the Hill is a delightful and unique Conservation Area within an attractive, accessible and leafy residential suburb of NW London.
• Often referred to as an “oasis”, the Hill is a calm and peaceful historic village, separated by its steep topography from the surrounding area.
• Excellent rail transport links, with Harrow on the Hill station providing fast access to London on both Underground and Overground lines.
• Metropolitan Line 20 minutes to Baker Street/35 minutes to Aldgate. Chiltern Line 17 minutes to Marylebone.
• Piccadilly Line from South Harrow also gives great options across London, including 45 minutes to Covent Garden and 43 minutes to Heathrow via Turnham Green.
• Local shops include a nearby Waitrose Supermarket, a choice of other major supermarkets and 2 covered shopping centres in Harrow.
• Major road links nearby include the A40(M), M25, M40 and M1. All the London airports are conveniently within reach.
• Education - The area is renowned for its standard of education, with a choice of state, private and church schools. Former PM, Sir Winston Churchill was educated here, at Harrow School.
• Leisure and Recreation - Harrow has a multi-screen Vue Cinema, an abundance of parks and open spaces, cultural centres and sporting facilities including golf courses.
• Dining and Entertaining - There are many options throughout the Borough, with Harrow on the Hill featuring independent coffee shops, cocktail bars and a choice of pub restaurants.
EPC Rating: 64/D
W3W Address: fingernails.fuzzy.stored
Council Tax Band: F (Harrow London Borough Council )
Tenure: Leasehold (104 years)
Ground Rent: £150 per year
Service Charge: The owner is responsible for 80% of the cost of building maintenance, carried out on an Ad Hoc basis, There is no regular service charge.