- Delightful Historic House
- Village Conservation Area
- Generous Ground Floor Living Space
- Spacious Lounge with Fireplace
- 4 Double Bedrooms & 2 Bathrooms
- Private Garden with Patio Area
- Well Presented Home
- 10 Miles from London
- Early Viewing Advised
From the moment you step inside, this historic house speaks of its long history with many delightful period features throughout. The Old Coal Merchants House is a handsome and distinctive character property standing proudly in the heart of the Village Conservation Area, offering generous 4 double bedroom accommodation with a modest-size garden and separate garage.
Believed to date from 1844, the appealing 3-storey accommodation begins with a comfortably large open-plan living & dining room featuring an open fireplace and glazed doors to the secluded patio area. A further living room and small kitchen completes the ground floor space, before heading up to the first floor. Here is found the Master Bedroom with En-Suite Bathroom, plus the second bedroom and family bathroom. The top floor then has 2 further spacious bedrooms, with lovely views of the surroundings.
Outside areas include a delightfully secluded patio area to the rear, with a further terrace and small raised lawn with beautifully planted borders to the side. Included in the sale is a separate garage with an area for parking one car to the front, something that is rare and highly prized within the Village.
When you buy on Harrow on the Hill you acquire so much more than a home, as the location provides daily delights and is often described as an oasis due to the peaceful, friendly and cohesive atmosphere. From this property you can walk through green spaces all the way to Harrow on the Hill Metropolitan/Chiltern Line station, providing fast air-conditioned access to London. Independent coffee shops and cocktail bars and pub restaurants area all to hand, with a local convenience store and an excellent Waitrose supermarket at the foot of the Hill.
ACCOMMODATION (See Floorplan for Room Sizes)
Front door to;
Entrance Hall, open-plan to;
Split-level Living & Dining Room
First Floor Landing
Second Floor Landing
Garden & Patio Area
Garage with Forecourt Parking
On-street Residents Parking via Permit
OUT & ABOUT
• Harrow on the Hill is a delightful and unique Conservation Area within an attractive, accessible and leafy residential suburb of NW London.
• Often referred to as an “oasis”, the Hill is a calm and peaceful historic village, separated by its steep topography from the surrounding area.
• Excellent rail transport links, with Harrow on the Hill station providing fast access to London on both Underground and Overground lines.
• Metropolitan Line 20 minutes to Baker Street/35 minutes to Aldgate. Chiltern Line 17 minutes to Marylebone.
• Piccadilly Line from South Harrow also gives great options across London, including 45 minutes to Covent Garden and 43 minutes to Heathrow via Turnham Green.
• Local shops include a nearby Waitrose Supermarket, a choice of other major supermarkets and 2 covered shopping centres in Harrow.
• Major road links nearby include the A40(M), M25, M40 and M1. All the London airports are conveniently within reach.
• Education - The area is renowned for its standard of education, with a choice of state, private and church schools including St Anselms Catholic Primary School. The former PM, Sir Winston Churchill was educated here, at Harrow School.
• Leisure and Recreation - Harrow has a multi-screen Vue Cinema, an abundance of parks and open spaces, cultural centres and sporting facilities including golf courses.
• Dining and Entertaining - There are many options throughout the Borough, with Harrow on the Hill featuring independent coffee shops, cocktail bars and a choice of pub restaurants.
W3W Address: bugs.flame.moons
Council Tax Band: F (Harrow London Borough Council )