- Private Road
- Plot of Approaching One Acre
- Circa 2,000sq/ft Detached House
- Requires Modernisation
- Peaceful & Secluded Location
- Project with Great Potential
- Near Orley Farm & John Lyon Schools
- Fabulous Mature Gardens
- Conservation Area
- 10 Miles from London
Hidden within the exclusive setting of the Mount Park Estate, 'Brookesfield' stands at the front of a beautifully mature and secluded plot approaching 1 acre within a prime Private Cul-de-Sac. Offered for the first time since built in 1954, this individual detached property now requires full modernisation, presenting an inviting opportunity to renovate, re-model and extend to suit your own requirements, subject to consent.
The large plot is impressive and set peacefully away from any busy roads. Bounded almost entirely by other gardens and woodland and within a Conservation Area, much of it is now densely planted offering the fortunate owner a notably secluded setting. It also provides convenience, with the village High Street and highly regarded schools including Orley Farm Prep School and John Lyon School a short walk away.
The c.2,000sq/ft accommodation comprises a spacious entrance hall with wide staircase to the first floor, off which is a generous double aspect living room and conservatory positioned to take full advantage of the garden views. There is also a guest cloakroom, dining room, kitchen and utility area to the ground floor. Upstairs you will find a large master bedroom suite with en-suite shower room, plus 3 further bedrooms, a family bathroom and W.C. Above this is the large and long attic space, boarded and accessed via pull-down ladder.
Further benefits include a car-port to the side of the house, with more driveway parking to the front. There is also a gas central heating system (untested). Offered for sale with the advantage of no onward chain, we recommend an early viewing to gain a full appreciation of this unique opportunity.
The historic buildings of the world-famous Harrow School are part of the picturesque Hill. Harrow School shares its first class facilities with Hill residents, who can enjoy membership of its Fitness Club with state of the art gym and 25-meter swimming pool, lawn tennis club and golf club. The Friends of Harrow School caters for those interested in the Arts with free concerts, plays and lectures. The Harrow Hill Trust organizes community events and guided walks.
Harrow on the Hill village is an 'oasis' 10 miles from London, with a unique atmosphere and great road and rail connections to both London and the Home Counties. From its origins as a mediaeval settlement and the seat of the famous Harrow School, it further rewards with its many green spaces, independent coffee shops, cocktail bars & restaurants for entertaining, and a friendly, cohesive community.
ACCOMMODATION (See Floorplan for Room Sizes)
Large Garden Plot, approaching 1 Acre
Driveway Parking and Car Port
OUT & ABOUT
• Harrow on the Hill is a delightful and unique Conservation Area within an attractive, accessible and leafy residential suburb of NW London.
• Often referred to as an “oasis”, the Hill is a calm and peaceful historic village, separated by its steep topography from the surrounding area.
• Excellent rail transport links, with Harrow on the Hill station providing fast access to London on both Underground and Overground lines.
• Metropolitan Line 20 minutes to Baker Street/35 minutes to Aldgate. Chiltern Line 17 minutes to Marylebone.
• Piccadilly Line from South Harrow also gives great options across London, including 45 minutes to Covent Garden and 43 minutes to Heathrow via Turnham Green.
• Local shops include a nearby Waitrose Supermarket, a choice of other major supermarkets and 2 covered shopping centres in Harrow.
• Major road links nearby include the A40(M), M25, M40 and M1. All the London airports are conveniently within reach.
• Education - The area is renowned for its standard of education, with a choice of state, private and church schools. Former PM, Sir Winston Churchill was educated here, at Harrow School.
• Leisure and Recreation - Harrow has a multi-screen Vue Cinema, an abundance of parks and open spaces, cultural centres and sporting facilities including golf courses.
• Dining and Entertaining - There are many options throughout the Borough, with Harrow on the Hill featuring independent coffee shops, cocktail bars and a choice of pub restaurants.
W3W Address: spirit.king.roses
Council Tax Band: G (Harrow London Borough Council )