The Modern Home - Rarely does one see a 1960's-style town house for sale within the Conservation Area. This architecturally interesting property has a flowing split-level interior, generous picture windows, integral garage and a terraced rear garden. Set well back off the road, delightful views from within and fabulous natural light provide a desirably different and comfortable take on life within the village.
Upon entering you pass a guest cloakroom and storage areas before stepping up to the open-plan dining room and a stylish contemporary fitted kitchen. Sliding doors open on to the landscaped garden, and a half-flight of stairs connects to the large and very bright lounge. Above are 4 bedrooms and 2 shower rooms, both recently re-fitted to a high standard. Excellent storage is another feature of this spacious 1,550sq/ft house, with an abundance of built-in wardrobes and cupboards, plus a gas-fired warm-air heating system and stylish high-performance modern double glazed windows.
Outside there is driveway parking to the front of the property for 2 cars, leading to a sizable integral garage. The terraced rear garden is well-tended and easily maintained, providing a relaxed outdoor lifestyle. Altogether a house offering a rare combination of family-sized space and amenities within this unique and exclusive residential area.
When you buy on Harrow on the Hill you acquire so much more than a home, as the location provides daily delights and is often described as an oasis due to the peaceful, friendly and cohesive atmosphere. From this property you can walk through green spaces all the way to Harrow on the Hill Metropolitan/Chiltern Line station, providing fast air-conditioned access to London. Independent coffee shops and cocktail bars and pub restaurants area all to hand, with a local convenience store and an excellent Waitrose supermarket at the foot of the Hill.
ACCOMMODATION (See Floorplan for Room Sizes)
Dining Room, open-plan to;
Family Shower Room
En-Suite Shower Room
Terraced Rear Garden
OUT & ABOUT
• Harrow on the Hill is a delightful and unique Conservation Area within an attractive, accessible and leafy residential suburb of NW London.
• Often referred to as an “oasis”, the Hill is a calm and peaceful historic village, separated by its steep topography from the surrounding area.
• Excellent rail transport links, with Harrow on the Hill station providing fast access to London on both Underground and Overground lines.
• Metropolitan Line 20 minutes to Baker Street/35 minutes to Aldgate. Chiltern Line 17 minutes to Marylebone.
• Piccadilly Line from South Harrow also gives great options across London, including 45 minutes to Covent Garden and 43 minutes to Heathrow via Turnham Green.
• Local shops include a nearby Waitrose Supermarket, a choice of other major supermarkets and 2 covered shopping centres in Harrow.
• Major road links nearby include the A40(M), M25, M40 and M1. All the London airports are conveniently within reach.
• Education - The area is renowned for its standard of education, with a choice of state, private and church schools including St Anselms Catholic Primary School. The former PM, Sir Winston Churchill was educated here, at Harrow School.
• Leisure and Recreation - Harrow has a multi-screen Vue Cinema, an abundance of parks and open spaces, cultural centres and sporting facilities including golf courses.
• Dining and Entertaining - There are many options throughout the Borough, with Harrow on the Hill featuring independent coffee shops, cocktail bars and a choice of pub restaurants.
EPC Rating: 69/C
W3W Address: option.stages.tested
Council Tax Band: F (Harrow London Borough Council )