A handsome end terrace period house standing on a generous corner plot with delightful gardens and a large detached garage, in Harrow's most-favoured 'County Road' . This beautiful house impresses with its substantial size and a wealth of original period features, including high ceilings, fireplaces, cornicing and stained glass windows typical of the era.
Of great appeal to anyone looking for a spacious and characterful family home, this is a bright property which benefits greatly from its corner position and a larger footprint. Reputedly the original builder's own home, the 'Love Hearts' in the stained glass windows were a romantic gesture to his wife and the splendid original encaustic floor tiles preserved in the hallway are another rare feature.
Downstairs the accommodation flows nicely, with 3 generous living rooms plus a well fitted kitchen. To the first are 4 good size bedrooms and a bathroom, with modern conveniences including gas-fired central heating throughout. Additionally, there is a large attic space which is suitable for future conversion, and also the possibility to extend the ground floor (subject to permitted rights or planning consent).
Outside, the rear garden is pretty and very well kept with a patio area, lawn, well-stocked borders and wide side access path. There is a further useful area to the rear with timber garden shed and a path leading from the garage up to the house. The large detached garage is a particular feature and unusual to find locally, ideal for car storage, parking, a workshop or other uses.
Devonshire Road is the first 'County Road' reached as you leave the town centre, making it an extremely convenient location. Harrow is an attractive area with great connections to London and an interesting variety of property dating from Edwardian times to contemporary buildings. A vibrant and progressive town, it has 2 covered shopping centres and many High Street stores, plus a choice of major supermarkets and leisure facilities including a multi-screen Vue Cinema, restaurants, bars, gymnasiums and Harrow Recreation Park close by.
The excellent public transport facilities include Harrow on the Hill Metropolitan/Chiltern Line and Harrow & Wealdstone Bakerloo/Main Line stations, both providing fast journey times to the City. The major road network and London airports are also very accessible and the borough is well known for having many highly regarded state, church and private schools. An excellent choice for working people and families, with something here for all ages and interests.
ACCOMMODATION (See Floorplan for Room Sizes)
Breakfast/Family Room, open-plan to;
Large Detached Garage
OUT & ABOUT
• Harrow is an attractive and accessible suburb of North-West London, largely developed since the late 1800’s with a core of Victorian and Edwardian homes.
• The 'County Roads', with names derived from English Counties are highly sought for their proximity to a recreation park, shops and schools.
• Excellent rail transport links from Harrow on the Hill station provide fast access to London. Metropolitan Line 20 minutes to Baker Street/35 minutes to Aldgate. Chiltern Line 17 minutes to Marylebone.
• Harrow & Wealdstone station is another great option, being on the Bakerloo Line to Elephant & Castle and also the Overground Line which takes 26 minutes to Euston.
• Major road links nearby include the A40(M), M25, M40 and M1. All the London airports are conveniently within reach.
• Education - The area is renowned for its standard of education, with a choice of state, private and church schools. Former PM, Sir Winston Churchill was educated here, at Harrow School.
• Leisure and Recreation - Harrow has a multi-screen Vue Cinema, an abundance of parks and open spaces, cultural centres and sporting facilities including golf courses.
• Dining and Entertaining - There are many options throughout the Borough, with Harrow on the Hill featuring independent coffee shops, cocktail bars and a choice of pub restaurants.
EPC Rating: 55/D
W3W Address: actor.funded.guises
Council Tax Band: E (Harrow London Borough Council )