- Delightful Cottage
- Village Conservation Area
- Pretty Rear Garden
- Walk to Harrow on the Hill Station
- Beautifully Presented Home
- Excellent Lifestyle Choice
- Usable Loft Space
- Freehold Property
- 10 Miles from London
- Early Viewing Advised
Delightfully situated within a pretty no-through street in the Village Conservation Area, this charming period cottage with private garden is a great lifestyle choice. Walk across Church Fields to Harrow on the Hill station in a few minutes to quickly access central London, or enjoy the local restaurants, cocktail bars and traditional pubs at hand.
The house is superbly presented, the front door opening to a spacious yet cosy open-plan living/dining room with open fireplace. A well fitted kitchen sits behind this, giving access to the charming paved garden. Upstairs are 2 bedrooms and a bathroom, with a further staircase leading up off the 2nd bedroom to a well-finished usable attic space. This features a large skylight and is ideal for a variety of uses.
Additionally, this Freehold house has gas central heating and good fitted storage including eaves cupboards. A great opportunity to enjoy the romance of a traditional late 1800's-built cottage in a peaceful and sought after area, featuring fast access to London and the Home Counties by rail or road. Early viewing is recommended!
When you buy within the village you acquire so much more than a home, as the location provides daily delights and is often described as an oasis due to the peaceful, friendly and cohesive atmosphere. From this property you can walk through green spaces all the way to the Metropolitan Underground/Chiltern Line station. The Castle Pub just around the corner is a true gem, with independent coffee shops and cocktail bars to hand on the High Street. There is also a local convenience store and an excellent Waitrose supermarket at the foot of the Hill.
THE ACCOMMODATION (See Floorplan for Room Sizes)
Front Door to;
Open-Plan Living & Dining Room
Bedroom 2, with staircase up to;
Usable Attic Space
Small Front Garden
Paved Rear Garden
On-street. A CPZ (residents permit parking) operates locally, Mon-Fri 10-2.
OUT & ABOUT
• Harrow on the Hill is a delightful and unique Conservation Area within an attractive, accessible and leafy residential suburb of NW London.
• Often referred to as an “oasis”, the Hill is a calm and peaceful historic village, separated by its steep topography from the surrounding area.
• Excellent rail transport links, with Harrow on the Hill station providing fast access to London on both Underground and Overground lines.
• Metropolitan Line 20 minutes to Baker Street/35 minutes to Aldgate. Chiltern Line 17 minutes to Marylebone.
• Piccadilly Line from South Harrow also gives great options across London, including 45 minutes to Covent Garden and 43 minutes to Heathrow via Turnham Green.
• Local shops include a nearby Waitrose Supermarket, a choice of other major supermarkets and 2 covered shopping centres in Harrow.
• Major road links nearby include the A40(M), M25, M40 and M1. All the London airports are conveniently within reach.
• Education - The area is renowned for its standard of education, with a choice of state, private and church schools including St Anselms Catholic Primary School. The former PM, Sir Winston Churchill was educated here, at Harrow School.
• Leisure and Recreation - Harrow has a multi-screen Vue Cinema, an abundance of parks and open spaces, cultural centres and sporting facilities including golf courses.
• Dining and Entertaining - There are many options throughout the Borough, with Harrow on the Hill featuring independent coffee shops, cocktail bars and a choice of pub restaurants.
EPC Rating: 60/D
W3W Address: cure.chats.lift
Council Tax Band: E (Harrow London Borough Council )