Hidden within the historic Village Conservation Area, an imposing Edwardian detached house standing proudly at the rear of a large sloping plot. Unusually, the garden is all to the front of the property above a large parking area for several cars. This fine property offers generous accommodation of some 2,700sq/ft, with versatile living space offering many possibilities.
You enter a large atrium-style hallway extending fully across the rear, with the ground floor accommodation comprising a guest cloakroom, 2 generous reception rooms and fitted kitchen with dining room off, plus a useful utility area. To the first floor are 4 spacious bedrooms and 2 bathrooms including a large en-suite, with additional 5th bedroom above on the second floor.
Offered for sale chain-free, additional features include gas-fired central heating and double glazed windows with the property being generally well presented throughout. We will be pleased to discuss details of this unique opportunity, to further inform and establish how well the house fits your requirements.
When you buy within the village you acquire so much more than a home, as the location provides daily delights and is often described as an oasis due to the peaceful, friendly and cohesive atmosphere. From this property you can walk through green spaces all the way to the Underground & Chiltern Line station. The Castle Pub just along the street is a true gem, with independent coffee shops and cocktail bars to hand on the High Street. There is also a local convenience store and an excellent Waitrose supermarket at the foot of the Hill.
THE ACCOMMODATION (See Floorplan for Room Sizes)
Fitted Kitchen/Breakfast Room
First Floor Landing
Raised Garden Terrace to the front
Private Drive with Generous Parking Area
OUT & ABOUT
• Harrow on the Hill is a delightful and unique Conservation Area within an attractive, accessible and leafy residential suburb of NW London.
• Often referred to as an “oasis”, the Hill is a calm and peaceful historic village, separated by its steep topography from the surrounding area.
• Excellent rail transport links, with Harrow on the Hill station providing fast access to London on both Underground and Overground lines.
• Metropolitan Line 20 minutes to Baker Street/35 minutes to Aldgate. Chiltern Line 17 minutes to Marylebone.
• Piccadilly Line from South Harrow also gives great options across London, including 45 minutes to Covent Garden and 43 minutes to Heathrow via Turnham Green.
• Local shops include a nearby Waitrose Supermarket, a choice of other major supermarkets and 2 covered shopping centres in Harrow.
• Major road links nearby include the A40(M), M25, M40 and M1. All the London airports are conveniently within reach.
• Education - The area is renowned for its standard of education, with a choice of state, private and church schools including St Anselms Catholic Primary School. The former PM, Sir Winston Churchill was educated here, at Harrow School.
• Leisure and Recreation - Harrow has a multi-screen Vue Cinema, an abundance of parks and open spaces, cultural centres and sporting facilities including golf courses.
• Dining and Entertaining - There are many options throughout the Borough, with Harrow on the Hill featuring independent coffee shops, cocktail bars and a choice of pub restaurants.
EPC Rating: 58/D
W3W Address: trades.smiles.valid
Council Tax Band: G (Harrow London Borough Council )