- Courtyard Development
- Village Conservation Area
- Charming Private Position
- Two Parking Spaces
- Generous Living/Dining Room
- Well Presented Home
- Long Paved Rear Garden
- Lifestyle Choice
- 10 Miles from London
Within a select Private Courtyard Development in the heart of the Village Conservation Area, an appealing modern 3-storey house with large paved garden and parking for 2 cars. Built by St George Plc around 1993 and peacefully located near the historic High Street, the property offers flexible accommodation whether up or down-sizing and stands close to the delightful open space of Church Fields.
The ground floor accommodation has a generous feel with a large fitted kitchen/breakfast room and well-proportioned living room featuring a fireplace and doors out to the level garden. Having 4 good-size bedrooms spread over the upper floors affords the opportunity to use some as further living space (TV Room or Home Office), as do the present owners. The master bedroom is a generous size featuring fitted wardrobes and an en-suite shower room, with three further double bedrooms, a first floor family bath/utilty room and further shower room on the top floor.
There are pleasing views from the upper floors and this is a comfortable and energy-efficient home, offering great versatility and many luxurious touches including a guest W.C. Well kept and presented with a generous yet low-maintenance private garden and two allocated parking spaces, this is a wonderful opportunity to live an active or easy life within the atmospheric village and be part of its friendly community.
When you buy on Harrow on the Hill you acquire so much more than a home, as the location provides daily delights and is often described as an oasis from the bustle of urban London life. From this property you can walk through green spaces all the way to Harrow on the Hill Metropolitan/Chiltern Line station, providing fast air-conditioned access to London. Independent coffee shops and cocktail bars and pub restaurants area all to hand, with a local convenience store and an excellent Waitrose supermarket at the foot of the Hill.
THE ACCOMMODATION (See Floorplan for Room Sizes)
Open-plan Living & Dining Room
Fitted Kitchen/Breakfast Room
First Floor Landing
TV Room/Study, or Bedroom 2
Bathroom (also used as Utility)
Second Floor Landing
Generous Level Rear Garden, all Paved.
2 Allocated Parking Spaces to the Front of the Property.
OUT & ABOUT
• Harrow on the Hill is a delightful and unique Conservation Area within an attractive, accessible and leafy residential suburb of NW London.
• Often referred to as an “oasis”, the Hill is a calm and peaceful historic village, separated by its steep topography from the surrounding area.
• Excellent rail transport links, with Harrow on the Hill station providing fast access to London on both Underground and Overground lines.
• Metropolitan Line 20 minutes to Baker Street/35 minutes to Aldgate. Chiltern Line 17 minutes to Marylebone.
• Piccadilly Line from South Harrow also gives great options across London, including 45 minutes to Covent Garden and 43 minutes to Heathrow via Turnham Green.
• Local shops include a nearby Waitrose Supermarket, a choice of other major supermarkets and 2 covered shopping centres in Harrow.
• Major road links nearby include the A40(M), M25, M40 and M1. All the London airports are conveniently within reach.
• Education - The area is renowned for its standard of education, with a choice of state, private and church schools including St Anselms Catholic Primary School. The former PM, Sir Winston Churchill was educated here, at Harrow School.
• Leisure and Recreation - Harrow has a multi-screen Vue Cinema, an abundance of parks and open spaces, cultural centres and sporting facilities including golf courses.
• Dining and Entertaining - There are many options throughout the Borough, with Harrow on the Hill featuring independent coffee shops, cocktail bars and a choice of pub restaurants.
Development Charge: Currently £200 per. annum (2024) for common parts lighting, etc.
EPC Rating: 74/C
W3W Address: notice.input.fetch
Council Tax Band: G (Harrow London Borough Council )
Please Note; The Title is a 'Virtual Freehold', being a 999 Year Lease from 1994 (969 Years Unexpired). Ground Rent of £200 per. annum is not currently being collected. The Freeholder is Harrow School. Please Enquire for Further Details.