- Private Mount Park Estate
- Plot Size Approaching 0.75 Acres
- Peaceful & Secluded Location
- Requires Modernisation
- Generous Proportions
- Double Garage
- Minutes walk to Orley Farm Prep School
- 10 Miles from London
- Rare Opportunity
Providing great privacy within the exclusive Mount Park Estate, Birchdale stands on an exceptional, secluded plot of almost 0.75 acres approached via long private driveway. Offered for the first time since built in 1968, this generous individual detached home measuring over 2,600sq/ft now requires modernisation, presenting an inviting prospect.
Thoughtfully designed in a mid-century architectural style, this bespoke house has all principal rooms facing West to overlook the beautiful grounds and enjoy good natural light. The unique plot is bounded by mature gardens of other substantial private homes and presents a truly special opportunity. It also provides convenience with the village High Street and highly regarded schools including Orley Farm Prep School and John Lyon School for Boys & Girls a short walk away.
Upon entering the house the hallway splits, taking a few steps down to the ground floor or a few up to the first. Extended in 1971 and again in 1978, the lower level comprises 2 large living rooms with dining room adjacent, the kitchen, breakfast room and a utility room plus guest cloakroom. Upstairs are 6 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms, including a master with en-suite and garden views. The later addition provides the possibility to create a further large bedroom suite by combining the 2nd and 6th bedrooms (see Floorplan).
The landscaped gardens are a delight, being mature and well maintained with generous lawned areas lying mainly to the North and West. Additionally, the property features ample driveway parking leading to a double garage. There is also a gas central heating system (untested). Offered for sale with the advantage of no onward chain, we recommend an early viewing to appreciate this fine home, its large plot and the overall setting.
Harrow on the Hill village is an 'oasis' 10 miles from London, with a unique atmosphere and excellent road and rail connections to both London and the Home Counties. From its origins as a mediaeval settlement and the seat of the famous Harrow School, it further rewards with its many green spaces, independent coffee shops, cocktail bars & restaurants for entertaining, and a friendly, cohesive community.
The historic buildings of the world-famous Harrow School are part of the picturesque Hill. Harrow School shares its first class facilities with Hill residents, who can enjoy membership of its Fitness Club with state of the art gym and 25-meter swimming pool, lawn tennis club and golf club. The Friends of Harrow School caters for those interested in the Arts with free concerts, plays and lectures. The Harrow Hill Trust organises community events and guided walks.
THE ACCOMMODATION (See Floorplan for Room Sizes)
Bedroom 5, leading to;
Large mature garden plot, approaching 0.75 Acres.
Long private gravelled driveway providing ample parking and leading to a double garage with electrically-operated door.
OUT & ABOUT
• Harrow on the Hill is a delightful and unique Conservation Area within an attractive, accessible and leafy residential suburb of NW London.
• Often referred to as an “oasis”, the Hill is a calm and peaceful historic village, separated by its steep topography from the surrounding area.
• Excellent rail transport links, with Harrow on the Hill station providing fast access to London on both Underground and Overground lines.
• Metropolitan Line 20 minutes to Baker Street/35 minutes to Aldgate. Chiltern Line 17 minutes to Marylebone.
• Piccadilly Line from South Harrow also gives great options across London, including 45 minutes to Covent Garden and 43 minutes to Heathrow via Turnham Green.
• Local shops include a nearby Waitrose Supermarket, a choice of other major supermarkets and 2 covered shopping centres in Harrow.
• Major road links nearby include the A40(M), M25, M40 and M1. All the London airports are conveniently within reach.
• Education - The area is renowned for its standard of education, with a choice of state, private and church schools. Former PM, Sir Winston Churchill was educated here, at Harrow School.
• Leisure and Recreation - Harrow has a multi-screen Vue Cinema, an abundance of parks and open spaces, cultural centres and sporting facilities including golf courses.
• Dining and Entertaining - There are many options throughout the Borough, with Harrow on the Hill featuring independent coffee shops, cocktail bars and a choice of pub restaurants.
W3W Address for Driveway Entrance: label.muddy.farm
W3W Address for House: storm.horns.jazzy
Council Tax Band: H (Harrow London Borough Council )